The largest open-air gym in the alps is located in Livigno, Alta Valtellina, where athletes can take advantage of the benefits of training at an altitude ranging from 1816m to 3300m a.s.l..
Working out is a complex process, comprising a range of activities and it has now been established that training at altitude is useful for improving an athlete’s performance.
Training in Livigno from the 1816m of the village up to the 3300m of Pizzo Paradisin, the highest peak, is ideal not only physically, but mentally, too. Indeed, it enables athletes to test their performance in a cooler, drier climate, on various tracks and at varying levels of difficulty whilst relaxing and regenerating their minds and admiring the natural landscape.
Athletic preparation at altitude is particularly suitable for those sports requiring intense, constant aerobic activity thanks to the low air pressure. For this reason, many athletes from a range of disciplines choose Livigno each year.
The following services are available:
Lake of Livigno
- Aquagranda - Active You! centre with:
- an athletics track (inaugurated at the beginning of summer 2019)
- a 25m swimming-pool
- a gym fitted out with Technogym equipment
- 17km of cycle paths (with an overall difference in height of 100 metres)
- 75km of trails for running in the mountains
- 3200km of mapped MTB routes
- 3km of cross-country ski slopes open as of mid-October
- 30km of cross-country ski slopes open as of mid-December
- a shooting range for biathlon with 12 targets
- 2 climbing walls
- 1 outdoor football pitch
- 3 tennis courts
- 1 10,000m2 golf training area
Livigno offers athletes and professional teams special discounts to ensure they receive the very best service possible during high-altitude training. Simply fill out the form below to receive more information or a tailored offer based on your specific requirements.