The largest open-air alpine gym is located in Livigno, in Alta Valtellina, here you can take advantage of all the benefits of the altitude from 1,816 to 3,300 meters.
Training is a complex process that includes several activities and to date, altitude training is an established component to improve sports performance.
Training in Livigno from 1,816 mt. (village altitude) to 3,300 mt. (altitude of the highest peak, Pizzo Paradisin) is ideal not only on a physical level, but also on a mental level because it allows you to exercise your performance in a cooler and drier climate, to apply yourself on various tracks testing yourself at different levels of difficulty, and at the same time relax and regenerate your mind while admiring the natural landscape.
Preparation in high altitude is particularly suitable for those sports that require intense and constant aerobic activity thanks to the low air pressure. For this reason many athletes from different disciplines choose Livigno every year for their training.
These are the services available to athletes for their training:
- Lake of Livigno
- Aquagranda - Active You with:
- athletics track
- swimming pool 25 mt.
- gym equipped with Technogym machines
- cycle path of 17 km (with a total elevation gain of 100 meters)
- 75 km of trail for mountain race
- 3200 km of trails mapped for mtb
- 3 km of cross-country skiing trail open from mid-October
- 30 km of cross-country skiing trail open since mid-December
- Biathlon shooting range with 12 shooting patterns
- 2 climbing walls
- 1 outdoor football pitch
- 3 tennis courts
- 1 golf training area of 10,000 sqm.
Livigno has reserved special treatments for athletes and professional teams to ensure the best possible service during your altitude training. For more information or a personalized offer based on your needs simply fill out the form below.