As well as bringing with it mild weather and longer days, summer in Livigno - including hiking, mountain biking, road cycling, adventure parks, running, paragliding and even yoga, golf, tennis and horse riding - will satisfy all lovers of adrenaline and outdoor sports.
One of the best ways to discover Livigno in summer is by getting on your bike and setting off on an unforgettable experience, during which you can explore the 3,200 km of GPS-mapped trails. Downhill and freeride enthusiasts will enjoy the Mottolino Fun Mountain Bikepark, one of the best in Italy, which will open on 10 June, or the Carosello 3000 Mountain Park and the SITAS Mountain Area, which offer 50 km of flow trails divided between existing hiking trails and newly built trails, and will officially open on 24 June.
Among the active novelties for the summer of 2023 is the new 50-metre Olympic pool at the Aquagranda wellness centre, which has been appointed Olympic Preparation Centre, thanks to the official qualification of the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI), which considered all the quality standards required by the sports federations to be met: here, professionals and amateurs alike will be able to train like true champions at a height of 1,816 metres.
But during the summer months, the Valtellina resort will also come alive with a packed schedule of sporting, musical and cultural events not to be missed:
- 17 June Brooks Livigno Skymarathon - Brooks Sky Trail, a unique route and location where sky runners test themselves in an exciting and adrenaline-fuelled race;
- 14 July Sentiero Gourmet, a lunch prepared by 5 starred chefs from the Associazione Ambasciatori del Gusto (Taste Ambassadors Association), on a 5 km route divided into stages all to be enjoyed;
- 15 July BoomDaBash in concert;
- 22 July Brooks Stralivigno, the half-marathon along the Livigno valley: 21 km of pure fun to be run all in one breath or in relay races in pairs;
- 24-26 July Milanesiana, during which Simone Cristicchi with his "designed concert" and Tullio Solenghi with a show dedicated to Woody Allen will perform, as well as Rafael Gualazzi and Omar Sosa;
- 15 August RON in concert;
- 24 August 1k Shot and Gara delle Contrade, in which athletes and amateurs compete on a 1 km course completely covered in snow in the streets of the centre;
- 1 September ICON Xtreme Triathlon, which is part of the international panorama of the most desirable extreme long distance multi-discipline competitions.
- 17 September Alpenfest Livigno, a day in which the Alpine transhumance is relived, with livestock dressed up to the nines parading along the streets of the town centre and Livigno's inhabitants dressed "alla vecchia" to relive the emotions of rural life in the past.
To keep up to date on the other activities that can be done in Little Tibet in summer, one can consult the livigno.eu website, which has recently been revamped: the new look is much more user-friendly, where one can find all the information on the resort in real time, from webcams to the pass situation, the weather and scheduled events. The site also has a booking section where it is possible to book at verified facilities without paying commission fees.